Evil is one of three choices of alignments a civilization is able to select from in Fall From Heaven 2. Civilizations, such as the Balseraphs and Calabim, who follow the teachings of Evil emphasize the ideals of war, chaos, death and destruction as major elements in their beliefs and social structure.
Although one might assume that a Evil-aligned civilization in Fall From Heaven 2 is forced to combat any and all Good -aligned civilizations, just like in the old stories and folktales, but this is not wholly true. A Evil civilization will not automatically engage in war with a neighboring civilization of a differing alignment--instead, it receives a small penalty to diplomatic relations with all Neutral -aligned civilizations, and a larger penalty to diplomatic relations with all Good-aligned nations, but will receive a small positive bonus to relations with all other Evil-aligned nations. These penalties do not force war, but influence the relationships between nations: it is more difficult to form lasting trade relations, open borders, and long-term peace with nations that are aligned differently, but relatively easy to keep nations with similar alignments happy.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Receives a diplomacy bonus with all other Evil-aligned nations.
- Can use the Undercouncil civic.
- Can build Eidolons.
Restrictions[edit | edit source]
- Hell Terrain will not spread within an Evil civilization's cultural border until the Armageddon Counter reaches 50+, unless the civilization's state religion is the Ashen Veil.
- Cannot use the Overcouncil civic.
- Receives a small diplomacy penalty with all Neutral-aligned nations.
- Receives a large diplomacy penalty with all Good-aligned nations.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Any civilization that adopts the Ashen Veil religion as their state religion is automatically changed to Evil alignment.